PBT stands for Phlebotomy Technician, which is also known as a Phlebotomist in the health field.
People who work in this job need to get high-quality blood samples from patients and prepare them for medical tests.
It is the job of a phlebotomist to make their patients calm so that they can finish the process of extracting and collecting blood in a quick and easy way. Phlebotomists should know how to minimise the pain and discomfort of removing blood from people. They should also know how to use techniques and tricks to do this. The phlebotomists also take note of the patient's physical condition, and the blood that is taken is marked with the correct specifications so that it doesn't get lost in the process of being taken.
- Learn about the healthcare industry and diagnostic services.
- Using basic diagnostic skills, show that you can collect, transport, receive, accept, or reject blood/urine/stool/tissue samples in the correct way; update records; and so on.
- Infection control measures should be used.
- Explain how to keep your personal hygiene needs meeting.
- In the event of medical and facility emergencies, describe what to do.
- Describe the professional and personal traits and characteristics of a Phlebotomy Technician.
- In the job of a Phlebotomy Technician, you need to talk clearly and correctly.