Diabetes Educator Course
Diabetes Educator: A health practitioner who assists patients with diabetes in managing their condition via communication, counseling, and education.
Individuals in this position are responsible for determining the influence of health behaviours and lifestyle choices on acute and chronic diabetes issues and developing a complete, cost-effective, and self-care management strategy.
Individuals must be able to see the value of a multidisciplinary approach and work collaboratively with a team of healthcare experts involved in diabetes treatment. Additionally, the professional should involve patients by teaching and equipping them with the skills and information necessary for efficient diabetes treatment.
- Describe the job of a diabetes educator and the duties of other health care professionals in verbal form.
- Demonstrate clinical and technical abilities necessary for offering instruction to diabetic or pre-diabetic patients.
- Demonstrate professional behavior, personal attributes, and diabetes educator characteristics.
- Apply patient rights ideas in a variety of simulated circumstances.
- Demonstrate a Diabetes Educator's communication technique, which includes a professional look and a pleasant attitude.
- Take infection control precautions.
- Demonstrate safe and efficient patient safety interventions.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze, develop, and arrange educational objectives for diabetes patients.
- Demonstrate the ability to implement and assess the treatment plan's success in a variety of scenarios.
- Maintain accurate documentation, reporting, and follow-up with patients and the health team.
- To collaborate closely with the health team, patients, and their families to improve patient outcomes and treatment.
- Describe and express the responsibilities of a basic health care practitioner.
- Explain the Diabetes Educator's functions and responsibilities in plain language.
- Demonstrate proper biomedical waste management techniques.
- Demonstrate basic life support, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, and other emergency response procedures in the case of medical or facility crises.
- Describe and comprehend the human body's structure and function.
- Recognize and articulate the method through which the human body regulates blood glucose.
- Explain how the pancreas contributes to the metabolism, absorption, storage, and excretion of blood glucose in the human body.
- Describe the word "Diabetes" and its epidemiology in the Indian context.
- Demonstrate the measures that should be used while administering First Aid.