Medical Records & Health Information Technician Course
Medical Records and Health Information Technicians are also referred to as Medical Records Clerks, Health Information Clerks, Medical Records Technicians , File Clerks, Medical Records Coordinators, and Medical Records Analysts in the healthcare industry.
Medical Records and Personal Health Data The technician compiles, processes, and maintains medical records for hospital and clinic patients in accordance with the health care system's medical, administrative, ethical, legal, and regulatory standards. They process, manage, collate, and report patient data in accordance with the healthcare industry's numerical coding system.
Medical records and other health data The technician should be able to comprehend and follow complex technical instructions, pay close attention to detail, be proficient with computer applications, be familiar with the techniques for maintaining a filing system, be accurate, dependable, meticulous, communicative, have a passion for helping people, have experience working in a medical environment, and use the correct terminology to minimise the likelihood of it becoming lost.
- Protect the confidentiality of medical records by ensuring their security.
- Conduct a review of records to ensure their completeness, correctness, and compliance with applicable rules.
- Medical records can be retrieved for physicians, technicians, and other medical staff.
- Utilize suitable computer tools to assign the patient to diagnosis-related groups (DRGs).
- Process admissions and discharges of patients.
- Convert medical records into text.
- By speaking with doctors or others or by participating in the coding team's regular meetings, resolve or clarify codes or diagnoses that contain contradictory, missing, or confusing information.
- Enter data into the computer, such as demographic information, the history and degree of disease, diagnostic tests, or therapy.
- Using conventional categorization systems, identify, compile, abstract, and code patient data.
- Release information to individuals or authorities in accordance with applicable requirements
- Create, manage, and administer a variety of health record indexes or storage and retrieval systems for the purpose of collecting, classifying, storing, and analysing data.
- Produce statistical reports, narrative reports, or visual displays of data for hospital personnel, researchers, and other users.